Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fun fan doodles AKA Blessed uneventful day!


Currently enjoying the Aubrey-Maturin novel The Nutmeg of Consolation. Despite the nutty (HAH!) name, it's another thrill of a read.
Therefore, I doodled Jack fighting a Dayak. No offense to my loyal Dayak fanbase; this situation was kill or be killed. Besides, it took place in 18-something-teen. Strictly speaking, it didn't TAKE PLACE ever, because the novel is a work of fiction.
Patrick O'Brian's writing should inspire much better art than this in me... But give it time, please.


Stephen indignant that the bird he took for a swallow was not a swallow after all. Super awesome scene (I am not joking).


(And no, there's no movie resemblance.)


(Variation / WIP.)

* * *

Saturday was wonderful for at least 20 reasons. One thing though, if you want to experience the exact movie equivalent of curling up in front of a cozy fireplace with a hot drink on a rainy day, you might want to check out One Week. If you do have a fireplace of your own then you might not need to see One Week at all. But I don't have a fireplace, so One Week turned out not to be such a shabby deal.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Henceforth, I will be posting my weekly illustrations to OUR CLASS WI BLOG instead of here.

No comments: