Monday, October 6, 2008

Stitch by stitch...

Hellloooo again... I don't think I'll be posting as much life drawing in the near future, just because I currently do so much of it that I'd be photographing and optimising and blogging until my fingers were mere nubs.
But here's some animation! It's not my first, but anyway... The first I've posted.



^The school assignment was to do a rough three-jump animation of Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch. Above is the first step, where the character is just basic shapes. (Oh, and it's missing the ending...)



^I'm nowhere near the stage where I can tell how many inbetweens an animation is going to need just by flipping it, so after the first pencil check, I refined the timing and also added ears that drag.



^Then I darkened my blue-pencil roughs with a pencil to make them more visible.

So, this was rough animation. Neither character details (like facial features) nor inbetweens were necessary. I think I'll try adding those sometime later just out of curiosity -- although I have a feeling that if I try to add an actual face the character will end up looking less like Stitch instead of more.

No comments: