Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mr. Balowski at the door

Acting/lip synch assignment.
The character is "dog catcher" from the Ren and Stimpy ADVENTURE "Big House Blues".
My recorded voice manages to sound even more grating than Rik Mayall's, who originally screeched the line (which is from The Young Ones).



It's pretty instructional. Sorry, I meant to say cautionary. The volumes are all over the place; whenever any timing principles make an appearance it's almost completely accidental; the squash-and-stretch in the face is amazingly random; no character consistency; lacking antics etc. In a word, it's a mess, but hey, everybody's putting theirs up.
I'm not fishing for compliments over here -- this was just a genuinely bitter lesson for me as far as juggling school and work goes. And at least I like the hand rotation near the end.

No comments: